Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OOT Time

It's hard for me to believe that we've been working on this wedding for just about eight months. That sounds like a long time, but with just 11 days to go I can barely remember the good old days when I still had time on my hands. (By the way, that card box got decorated then tossed because it looked so awful. A talented and generous friend has made me one instead).

While I don't think we're quite at the point of the penny-candy-in-a-Ziploc yet, getting stuff together for the out-of-town guest bags is making me nuts and I will be relieved when finished. At this point I'm planning on just filling them with the usual stuff: water, pretzels, Wrigley gum, possibly Girl Scout cookies that may or may not have been sitting in my freezer for six months, etc. If time and budget allow, I would also love to include mini gooey butter cakes as a nod to my hometown of St. Louis, Garretts, Fannie May Cubbies chocolate bars and/or Frango mints (acceptable to me now since they are being produced in Chicago again).

I'm also a bit nervous about everyone getting their bags. I know I have to trust the hotel to do a good job on this one. Our hotel charges $5.00 per bag to be placed in a guest room (or we can leave them at the front desk and up to chance). At first I was a little put out by the charge since we're spending a good chunk of change there already. But a friend of mine in the hotel biz (whose hotel charges $6.00 per bag!) said it's a pain to do put the bags in each room. Who knew.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! You've hit a nerve! Pay the $5 per bag! Our hotel didn't hand out several bags - which meant that people took cabs instead of my $1200 bus and missed brunch BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT. The thing is, I don't think that I got all of them back! I busted my but on ours for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally recommend just paying the $5 and letting the hotel drop them off. It will save you so much stress in the end - you know your guests will get them.

    ReplyDelete